Become A Fellow
The Orr Fellowship seeks to recruit talented and energized graduates. If you are a life-long learner and crave a dynamic start to your career, here’s your opportunity!
Cumulative 3.2 GPA or higher.
Demonstrated leadership potential (leaders in on- and off-campus clubs/organizations/athletics)
Strong interest in entrepreneurial business or organizational leadership
An expected graduation in either December 2017 or May 2018 with one or more undergraduate majors
ORR FELLOWS ARE SELECTED FROM A COMPETITIVE APPLICATION POOL OF MORE THAN 1,000 APPLICANTS. HERE’S HOW IT WORKS:
1. APPLICATION.Whether you’re curious about the fellowship or already sold on it, submit an application to give yourself the opportunity to be considered for Orr Fellowship. It’s short and sweet. Just click here. Applications are accepted August 1, 2017 through September 30, 2017
2. CAREER FAIRS.Check out your school’s career fair(s) to meet current Orr Fellows and learn about the program. Whether you just want to introduce yourself or delve into the details, we’re always eager to chat.
3. FORRums.FORRums are invitation-only events held on several campuses with the purpose of providing face time with current Orr Fellows and more in-depth information about the Fellowship. Why attend? It gives you a chance to ask questions, meet your potential peers, and hear from an Orr board member or the Executive Director about the Orr experience.
4. On-Campus Interviews.Following application review and FORRum, you’ll receive an email with interview details. The interview is conducted by a current Orr board member or Executive Director (see our board members and Executive Director) and usually lasts around 30 minutes. Be prepared to highlight your experiences and the reasons you would make a great Orr Fellow!
5. Reception on the Circle (ROTC).Following interviews, selected candidates will attend the mandatory Reception on the Circle. ROTC is an evening event held in downtown Indianapolis (this year on Oct. 26, 2017) that gives you a chance to interact with other candidates, all current Orr Fellows, Orr board members, and the Executive Director. The list of host companies for the upcoming year and final application steps are revealed at this event.
6. Finalist Day.The culmination of the recruitment process is Finalist Day—an electric all-day event (this year, Nov. 10, 2017) where each candidate has the opportunity to interview with four or five host companies. Shortly after Finalist Day, candidates are notified if they have received an offer from a host company and are thus accepted into the Orr Fellowship.
Do you have what it takes?