Welcome to the new Orr Fellowship website, and to the 2015 recruitment season! The application is officially open and Fellows have begun recruiting the 15th class of Orr Fellows. This recruitment season will prove especially significant not only because of this milestone, but also as new initiatives and strategic direction within the Fellowship develop.
The 2016 class of Orr Fellows will truly be able to experience a preeminent post-graduate opportunity, largely in part because of the hard work of former and current Fellows. In the past year alone the Orr Fellowship has:
1. Hired its first Executive Director, Karyn Smitson, to champion the organization’s continued growth and success
2. Grown to 83 fellows and 39 host companies including the addition of larger host companies such as Roche Diagnostics, Finish Line, and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway
3. Developed the Nonprofit Organization Consulting initiative to provide local nonprofits strategic guidance using the Design Thinking methodology
4. Revamped curriculum to include pre-defined modules over a fellow’s two years that includes the opportunity for certifications
5. Undergone a rebranding process in which a new logo and website were unveiled to better align with the organization
6. Restructured internally from 13 committees to 7 committees with an emphasis on cross-functional teams
As all of these initiatives take root, the program is sure to build upon this progress with continued iterations and the ideas of new Fellows. If all of these changes could be made in a single year, it is incredible to imagine what will be accomplished in years to come, especially with Karyn’s guidance.
If you would like to be a part of an organization that allows you to instantly make an impact while experiencing exponential growth in your personal development, apply here by October 2nd.
Brooke Gallagher, Director of Recruitment